Customised M&A Preparation
Mehmet U. Soyer provides custom-made consultancy to help you to prepare your company for the process that leads to the sale of your business. His advice is based on first-hand experience in marketing and sales of many SMEs (including 5 of his own) in a wide range of sectors.
Mr. Soyer’s M&A consultancy practice is built among others on the following principles:
- Company shares are products.
- What is done to sell a product should also be done for companies.
- Company sales in SMEs are not a financial issue but a marketing issue.
- Company sales in SMEs are often a personal/family matter.
- Those who want to acquire a company purchase the company's future but wish to calculate its value on the basis of its history.
- The highest value for a company is obtained under competitive conditions.
Selected advice from Mr. Soyer’s Customised M&A Preparation:
- Understand how to position it in the market and how to introduce it to potential purchasers
- Declare that you still want a stake even if you want to sell the whole business
- Know the right time to tell your weaknesses and shortcomings
- Understand the need to get your company checked by experienced third parties before you start a process
- Determine your criteria for when to leave the negotiation table
- Undergo a due diligence only after agreeing on a value with the purchaser.